Statistics courtesy of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons indicate a rise in facial procedures last year.
Both surgical and non-surgical treatments focused on the face saw more growth than any other category.
Plastic surgeons performed more face lifts, eye lifts, and even more Botox than previous years.
Noninvasive treatments like injectable fillers, laser resurfacing and microdermabrasion helped to fuel the rise of facial rejuvenation treatments in 2012.
It seems that more and more people (especially baby boomers) want to erase wrinkles, refresh or tighten sagging skin, and maintain their youthful appearance.
Most Popular Facial Procedures
Some of the most popular facial procedures last year include:
- Chemical peel (1.1 million procedures)
- Eyelid surgery (204,000 procedures)
- Facelift (126,000 procedures)
- Soft tissue fillers (2 million procedures
- Botox (6.1 million procedures)